« Doing it myself | Main | Found Postcard: Prague »

March 09, 2012

Comments

Dave

Thanks very much for taking the time to post this guidance for repairing the handle cable. I've just followed it, buying precisely the same parts from the same vendors, and it seems to have worked! Took me a couple of hours of trial & error, but I got there in the end.
For anyone else who tries it, I found that I also needed to remove the stopper at the lower end of the handle revealing the 'other' end of the cable. This gave me enough play in the cable to make the join. Then I re-inserted the whole new cable from the bottom end, followed by the stopper, until the cable emerged at the top of the handle where I could connect it to the switch.

Thanks again Daddy Pig (from another Peppa fan). This Buzz might now live to serve several more foster children.

Dave

The comments to this entry are closed.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    My Snaps

    • www.flickr.com
      tom.smith's items Go to tom.smith's photostream

    Tools

    Blog powered by Typepad
    Member since 01/2005